2013년 2월 13일 수요일


Marriage Migrant Women, movement to make “Right to live in Korea” together

- Watching Movement “Getting a Right Staying Qualification” from Immigration -






We came to Korea to live as Koreans’ spouses. 
Can’t we ourselves claim “right to live in Korea”? 

Being interested in, worrying about and saying “There’s a problem” are the first step of making together "right to live in Korea"


What do we have to be interested in? 


∙ You went to immigration office to change your nationality without your husband, 

Did they ask to bring him with you? 

∙ You went to immigration office to get a permanent residence qualification, did they ask to bring house contract of 30,000,000 Won?

∙ You divorced, however, didn’t they prolong your staying qualification, saying the evidence is not enough?


∙ Did they refuse to issue Korean nationality or permanent residence qualification to you without any rational reason?


∙ You have a right to see your Korean child, didn’t they prolong your visa? 


∙ Other unfair action of immigration office. 



What can I do?


∙ If you have the above difficulties, let’s look for the solving method in the foreigner/marriage migrant women counseling center. 


∙ Of course. It’s not easy. It may take 1 year or 2 years.


∙ But if we claim together, “There are problems”, someday Korean government can change!!!









Don’t we have “the right to live in Korea”?
  Let’s discuss it with friends.



1.“Tran Thi Hong” from Vietnam

I have been in Korea for 7 years. However I didn’t apply for changing to Korean nationality. Since my husband didn’t accompany me. . I have two children. My husband didn’t apply my nationality change. He said that he had no money. . I feel uneasy. It’s not my fault that my husband doesn’t have money, Why can’t I apply for changing nationality?

You can apply for Korean nationality or F5 visa(permanent residence visa), if you have at least one of the following documents. More than 30,000,000won bank account, real estate, lease of house contract in the name of you or family member who is living together, or a certificate of proving a certain income, for example, your or your husband’s holding jobs.  



2. Lili” from Philippine

I went to suit for a divorce however, I didn’t get a child custody and got just right to meet children. Don’t I have a right to meet my children on a stable base?

In court, they prolong the staying qualification until at the children’s age of 18 only if you have a proof of having a right t meet children and actual meeting them.

But in case of not meeting children, they don’t prolong staying qualification.


3. “Lin”from China

I have lived with my Korean husband. . I have two children. But I had worked with illegal staying before meeting my husband. Therefore, I paid for a fine to immigration office. And I have lived for 4 years. However immigration office don’t allow me to have Korean nationality.

If they don’t allow you to get a naturalization application/permanent qualification continuously,
You can file an administrative litigation against the immigration office. Please, have a counseling from a near center.


4.“Hong” from Cambodia

I divorced and raise my child. They prolong my staying qualification, since I raise a child. But they can give me a staying qualification only if I raise the kid in Korea. Besides, I have to pass a Korean language test to get Korean nationality. I ought to work for 10 hours in a factory, take care of the kid and study Korean language. In case of un-divorced migrants women don’ need to take a test for Korean language, I have to take a test. Why is it different for divorced migrants women to get a Korean nationality method? We think it “discrimination”:

Do you think it discrimination? We should change it. Let’s do activities to change the system.







Let’s Make a Right for Marriage Migrant Women to Live Stably in Korea, Together.


Right to Stay” is a right Marriage Migrant Women have to claim.
 
. Are there any friends who suffer from not permitting prolong a staying qualification, F5 or applying of nationalization? Let’s think and look for a way together.
Let’s discuss these problems near foreigner/migrant women center.  





«다국어 쳬류, 가정폭력 전화상담은 Tel : 1577-1366»
본 활동은 «이주여성이 안전하게 살 권리 확보를 위한 연대»에서 진행됩니다.
이 홍보물은 '아름다운재단의 2012 변화의 시나리오 스폰서'로 제작되었습니다.